Friday, May 7, 2010

start spreadin the news



So some things about this outfit:
1. The color combination...do I look like Christmas? I thought this American Apparel leotard had enough teal in the green to go with the red. When I originally tried this skirt on in Anthropologie, I paired it with a white blouse. I only bought it becaue it was on sale, I already had a white blouse and I had the full intention to return it. But when I tried it on with this leotard, I fell in love with it. The boldness of the color is awesome.

2. I found these sunglasses. If you lost them, or if I unintentionally stole them, I'm sorry. They had been sitting in the Tri-Delta bathroom for weeks and I wanted them so bad! But really,I like them a lot. I've never had brown sunglasses which is ridiculous because I own A TON of brown. I also really like he shape of them.




So far, I LOVE SUMMER. This has been a great week and today was a great way to end it. I feel like this outfit was the perfect way to celebrate all the wonderfulness that was this week! First of all, I spent a lot of much needed time with my lovely friends. Second, my grades were so much better than I expected, which was a HUGE relief as I had really been stressing about my semester GPA.

And the THIRD exciting thing that happened this week was: I GOT AN INTERNSHIP IN NEW YORK CITY! I start one month from today. I am desperately looking for places to live and things to do and people to meet. I can't wait! I am nervous and excited!

This outfit was so fitting for the confidence I felt today. After moving out of my dorm room all morning, I wanted to clean up for my afternoon activities! I went to a professor's house for lunch with some of the other Religious Studies ladies. Then I went straight to another professor's house for tea and cookies and a long discussion of life in New York. She helped me find some housing options and gave me a lot of tips. I then had a lovely get together with my friends to exchange birthday gifts. With the exception of one, all of our birthdays are in the summer and it is too much to get a gift for everyone, so we had a nice Secret Santa for birthdays.

It was really a great day and a great week. I'm going home tomorrow for two weeks. Then its off to Israel and then I move to the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment